Discover international relations through twinning activities!
In 2023, Angoulême’s Comité des Jumelages has been accredited as a « lead organisation » for the European Solidarity Corps.
The association is therefore looking for its first volunteer, who should begin as soon as possible. The duration of the volunteering is 10 to 12 months.
ACTIVITIES AND MISSIONS
30-hour-a-week mission to :
- Run the association’s network of volunteers (get-togethers between volunteers, welcoming new members, helping to run the Youth Committee, etc.),
- Helping to develop closer links with young students in the local Art and Image Schools community, to get them involved in our projects and encourage young people to participate in mobility programmes,
- Help organise local and international events as part of our projects (cultural, sports, mobility, in connection with the 2024 Olympic Games, the Month of Europe, etc.),
- Participating in the promotion and diffusion of the activities of the Twinning Committee, particularly on social networks.
- Developing partnerships with organisations in their country of origin. Volunteers are encouraged to make suggestions to improve the content of their mission.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
The volunteer will be accommodated at our expense in the city of Angoulême, in a shared flat with roommates, or possibly with a host family, where they will have their own room (to be discussed). The organisation will also pay for the volunteer’s bus pass for daily transport, French lessons, any compulsory training and health insurance. The volunteer will receive a monthly allowance which includes food and pocket money (7€ per day for pocket money).
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
- Practical training at the start and in the middle of the mobility period will be provided by the Erasmus+ Agency.
- Employees of the Comité des Jumelages and volunteers will train the volunteer and support them in their assignments.
- French lessons will be provided by French teachers volunteering within the association.
- who speaks French or English ;
- preferably from one of the European countries with which we have a twinning relationship: Germany, Spain, Portugal or Romania;
- with a desire to develop and share their skills, motivated and able to work in a team with a variety of people;
- preferably have creative skills and an interest in drawing (Angoulême is a UNESCO creative city for comic books);
- Interpersonal skills, hobbies and previous volunteering experience would be an asset!